Saturday 18 April 2009







By Maximilian Nißlbeck, class 8 d, KRS



Coldplay

Hi! I am Max I am 15 years old and I come from Seligenporten that is in Germany. I visit the Knabenrealschule Neumarkt and today I want to tell you something about my favourite band. The band is called Coldplay and is from England.
At first in want you to tell something about the band members:
The lead-singer is Chris Martin and he also plays the piano and the rhythm-guitar.
Jonny Buckland plays the lead-guitar and is a background-singer.
The drums are played by Will Champion and he also is a background-singer.
Last but not least! Guy Berryman plays the bass and the keyboard and he also is a background-singer.

Now something about the band and its history:
The music styles of Coldplay are called Britpop, Soft-rock, Alternative-rock and Pop-rock. Other samples for Britpop are Blur, Oasis and The Verve.
Martin, Buckland, Champion and Berryman created the band in September 1996.
At first the band was called Starfish but later they took the name Coldplay from a band from a friend of Chris Martin. In March 1999 they brought out the Safety EP. The EP is a rare object for collectors because there are only 500 copies of it. In spring 1999 Coldplay undersigned a five-album-contract with Parlophone. They still produce their songs there.
The band wants to have a good teamwork that’s why Martin put up two rules for the band:

- 1. Everyone gets the same part of the earnings
- 2. No drugs! If anybody use drugs he will kicked out of the band

The band brought out six albums:
- Parchutes (2000)
- A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002)
- Live 2003 (Live-album 2003)
- X&Y (2005)
- Viva la Vida or Death and His Friends (2008)
- Prospekt´s March (EP-album 2008)


Coldplay is one of the greatest live bands in the world and one of the greatest bands ever. I want to show you that with my favourite song of them. It is called Fix You. There you can see a live video with the song. If you can not click at this link Coldplay - Fix You (live).


Here is the song-text:

When you try your best, but you don't succeed



When you get what you want, but not what you need



When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep



Stuck in reverse



And the tears come streaming down your face



When you lose something you can't replace



When you love someone but it goes to waste could it be worse?



Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones



And I will try to fix you High up above or down below



when you're too in love to let it go



If you never try you'll never know



Just what you're worth Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones



And I will try to fix you



Tears stream down your face



When you lose something you cannot replace



Tears stream down on your face and I



Tears stream down your face I promise you



I will learn from my mistakes



Tears stream down on your face and I



Lights will guide you home



And ignite your bones



And I will try to fix you

No comments: